Self and Macha, started by 6am Thane bus from Borivali….reached by 6.50am. Meet Kaushik, who reached early by 10 mins or so. Gaurav was bit late…had good breakfast of Idli chatni in front to station….took tickets to Kalyan. Gaurav got Kunjvihar vadapav packed for us. Catch 7.21am Titwala local…reach by 8.00am in Kalya….went to ST bus stand, to get bus to Malang Gad…waited for 10 mins or so. Even at 8.10am…temperature was very humid and hot. Gaurav and Kaushik went ahead to find out any alternative…they booked a taxi for Rs: 300/. We started by 8.30 from Kalyan, reached Malang gad base at 9am. Purchased water bottles, juices before start.
We started by 9.05am…started sweating within few minutes…as temperature was very very humid. We reached at first Dargah, they said it as “First Salami” by 10.15 am. We never took darshan…thought we would do it while returning….we took literally numerous breaks to reach first salami…as all were sweating like anything. Took nimbu-pani and started again….there is Navdurga Mata Mandir on the left…..started again…there is also Ma Sherawali temple….reached Haji Malang entrance door by 11am.
Reached second salami (Dargah)….had darshan in the Dargah…then headed towards third (main) Dargah. We reached by 11 am….so took 2 hrs to reach….had good darshan. There was various stalls which were selling Halwa-Parathas…so we obliged our stomach…firstly took 250gms of Halwa-Paratha..but as we were hungry and it was tasty…..had another 250gms.
Started return journey by 11.50am….reached first salami…had nimbu pani…took darshan from outside rather than entering the dargah….reached base by 1.45pm.
Took an auto to reach Kalyan for Rs: 150/-. Reached Kalyan station by 2.20pm….had juice in nearby shop. Though there was mega block….trains were running on slow route….took tickets and catch 2.39 CST local…reached Thane by 3.20pm.
Gaurav took auto to reach home, while Kaushik went to east to catch Mira Road bus. Self and Macha headed in west, were there was already a bus stationed for Borivali…got seated….bus started at 3.30pm…reached Borivali by 4.30pm.
End of a hectic journey.
- Haji Malang is 17kms from Kalyan station
- Purchase water, juice at the base, as usual…as you go higher, price will be higher
- You can get walking stick, all the way…nice to have a walking stick before start…you can get it for Rs: 5, 10, 20/-
- As with any other temples, every vendor tries to grab you to any offerings…
- Lot of beggars in between the road
- There iswork in progress for I guess rope-way or so…
- Clear path with full of un-even steps…no way you will be lost
- Elevation is quite high till first salami. After that it is somewhat easy compared till first salami